User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: People not born in America as President?

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins

People not born in America as President?

What do you think?

I was born in South Korea but was adopted at just before I turned one. I was raised in a white family on American values. I consider myself a full American. Is it fair that I, and people like me, have no chance of ever becoming president?
    A few achievements here and there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    7-1
    no..no it isint....but then again...a women would be sooner elected president then a black man....in my opinion.....so its not just people of other coutries its people of other races...

Battle Record
    22-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyric
    What do you think?

I was born in South Korea but was adopted at just before I turned one. I was raised in a white family on American values. I consider myself a full American. Is it fair that I, and people like me, have no chance of ever becoming president?
    It actually shouldn't matter if you think about it... He can be from Iraq.. but if All his Views and Beliefs are Legit... then he would be Best Suitable to make our Country Better.
    :RBman:

Battle Record
    3-1
    People tend to have ties with their ancestors. Look at all the zionist rastafarians. It's perfectly natural too.

And because it's natural, it's nature. And due to that, who knows when your loyalties to other countries might seep in?

Then again, theres nothing to stop say... when I become president to end up handing the country over to Argentina. I have no relation with Argentina, and know very little about it. But it's possible. It's just less possible than if I was born there.

And of course, being born in a place leads one generally to more loyalty than simply having ancestors or even just relatives someplace else. Just look at Tarzan.

Fact is, when the founding fathers built this country, they didn't want outside influence fucking our country up. However, they built it in a way that they knew change would occur. With this, our laws can be changed so that someone indeed born in another country could someday grow up to be president.

Incredibly unlikely, but possible.

'Course, the director of FEMA has a better chance at leading this country than anyone else.

The president of Peru in 1990 was Japanese...

but yea if you wanna be president go for it. The gov't has no problem with it. It's the people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[soundclick]7091011[/soundclick]

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins
    I'm jus sayin I am not eligable to be president cause I was born in South Korea, even tho I've lived in the US for more than 18 years of my life(I'm 19), and I don't think thats right. I understand why the founding fathers made that law, cause they had just gained independance from England and didn't want any influence from them, but do you think it would be right for them to update that law?.

Benedict
    Well it might happen in the future, but it won`t happen in the present time. I`m not trying to be like "Oh you have to be full American blah blah blah" I`m just saying, in this point in time there probably won`t candidates with backgrounds from another country. Reason being is because we are at a stage of war, health care, taxes, jobs, and the United States hearing huge news of someone from another country wanting to be president is too big of news and it`ll conflict with all the other things US is dealing with. It would be so big of a news report because never once has there been someone that has traveled from another country been president. And Af~rican Royale, your totally wrong about a woman being elected before an African American, you know why? Because just this year there was an African American candidate but no woman. Thats my opinion on this subject.

Battle Record
    212-103
    Awards LLL Season Champion LLL HOF 200+ Wins
    Oh Christ...

Why doesn't someone just say it?

ARNIE FOR PRESIDENT 2008!!!

you have to be a US citizen...are you one yet?....if you are, you have to live in the Continental US for somethingteen years, and be 35+yrs old....i believe those are the general requirements...then you got a whole bunch of other shit after that

"full American" doesnt mean "full white"

Battle Record
    91-11
    no...but you have to be born in the US

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    Lyric I feel your anger here but the constitution was looking at a direct threat to our way of life. Today things are different, and in certain cases such as yours, born but raised since you were one, should give you the abilty to run. I expect things to change here soon, and if you were born but raised here from the age of three on, I think you should be allowed to pursue the office. Now you have to honeslty ask yourself, are you serious about this. If not, don't let it bug you, but if so, then get started in hurry, it takes time to make such changes, so you can expect by the time your of age, things will be changed. I wouldn't be mad if I knew I was never going to run for such an office, but if it was my true intent, then hell yeah I'd be pissed.

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

Battle Record
    91-11
    No Bounce I'm not planning on running for president, I'm jus making an argument for those in my position who do want to run. I'm not hugely angered, persay, but I do feel that it is an unfair and much outdated law.

-Must be a natural-born citizen of the United States (can be born abroad of parents who are American citizens)
    -Must be 35 years of age
    -Must be a resident of the United States for at least 14 years (but not necessarily the 14 years preceding the election

there you dont have to be born in the US....i know what im talkin about....since you were adopted......i dont know

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    Well I was Born In COMPTON California, so this doesn't trip me up at all. I think the issue will be addressed here shortly, since the terminator may want to run...

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

+
    Battle Record
    2-1
    Quote Originally Posted by SchmoK-Brayk
    I think the issue will be addressed here shortly, since the terminator may want to run...
    That will be a sad day for the world.