User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Sonar LE

Battle Record
    11-3

Sonar LE

So I got my mic, got it set it up, so I'm ready to record right? Wrong. When I try to record, it won't let me hear the playback, it won't let me add tracks to it, I don't know what to do.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

Re: Sonar LE

what kind of mic do you have...if its a condensor you need a preamp that could be why you cant hear playback...

im not familiar wit sonar so i dont know, but there should be a way to turn on the "record" function of a certain track so when you push record, the program knows what track you want to record to...
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    11-3

Yeah it's a C01U condenser, the program came with the mic. When I try to record, it'll turn red so I can't hear anything & it says "arm for recording" or something like that. It's really confusing.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

sounds like you just don't know how to use the program. Read the maual and look up video tutorials on youtube. I don't know any active members here that use Sonar. I know it's a good program tho. Supposed to be one of the best for MIDI.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Vikkie View Post
    Yeah it's a C01U condenser, the program came with the mic. When I try to record, it'll turn red so I can't hear anything & it says "arm for recording" or something like that. It's really confusing.
    USB or XLR connection?
    If its the Samson C01U USB you need the software that acts as a pre amp... if you already have it check if theres an input signal showing on it. If you are using the USB mic and you dont have the SoftPre software install it here
    http://www.samsontech.com/main/misc.cfm?pageID=45

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

the U stands for USB. But he said it's a playback problem and a problem making new tracks. He said it won't let him make new tracks but I'm guessing he just doesn't know how.

Battle Record
    3-2

*She lol
    And I was just making sure... maybe the tracks set up properly but the signal is so low she cant hear it cause she doesnt have the "virtual preamp". That would make her think the track isnt working properly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

damn. I didn't even read the username. I'm working with the little iPod Touch screen right now cus this boring ass teacher won't let us use our laptops in class.

Battle Record
    11-3

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    the U stands for USB. But he said it's a playback problem and a problem making new tracks. He said it won't let him make new tracks but I'm guessing he just doesn't know how.
    She.

I just read the manual, I'm doing everything it said to do. I put the program on my laptop to see if it would do the same thing, now it says I haven't selected any MIDI outputs & I did.

Paze, I'm about to dl it on my laptop now.

Battle Record
    3-2

damn. I didn't even read the username. I'm working with the little iPod Touch screen right now cus this boring ass teacher won't let us use our laptops in class.

EVERYONE in my class uses their laptop... actually theres 1 reject who claims he cant afford 1 but has bought 3 new decent cars since last september lol.

Vikkiw youre not looking to use MIDI I dont think... just audio. Create an audio track... Im guessing there will be a "Track" menu. so Track > New > Audio or somethin? Ive never used Sonar before - Im guessing its like Albeton though.
    Btw youll need a popshield for that mic... buy a cheap 1 or home-make 1 or itll end up more than the mics worth.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

this should help

[youtube]Q2UI1daUNvU[/youtube]
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post

EVERYONE in my class uses their laptop... actually theres 1 reject who claims he cant afford 1 but has bought 3 new decent cars since last september lol.

Vikkiw youre not looking to use MIDI I dont think... just audio. Create an audio track... Im guessing there will be a "Track" menu. so Track > New > Audio or somethin? Ive never used Sonar before - Im guessing its like Albeton though.
    Btw youll need a popshield for that mic... buy a cheap 1 or home-make 1 or itll end up more than the mics worth.
    every student here gets a MacBook pro specifically for class but this one teacher doesn't let us use it because he's so boring nobody would pay attention.

Battle Record
    3-2

every student here gets a MacBook pro specifically for class but this one teacher doesn't let us use it because he's so boring nobody would pay attention.
    Lol word... a lot of people have Macs in my class but I just upgraded my Acer laptop so its pimpin... not enough for audio though. I just use it to type shit the dudes say on wednesday classes (all the physics of sound, acoustics, history etc) but in all my other classes where we use software and ther studio classes no one brings em in cause we get a machine each

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

word.

Vikkie, you from Bad News? Some of my team is from 757. I been reppin Seven Cities LOL

Battle Record
    11-3

Last edited by justrude; May 1st, 2018 at 12:42 PM