User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Palamoon learns music theory? FALL BACK!

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Palamoon learns music theory? FALL BACK!

Well... I highly doubt I learned much of the music theory... but I got the main points. I also saw some other youtube tutorials... check this ish out!

[soundclick]6701150[/soundclick]

Download: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=6701150

Can't teach you my swag! D. Josey's Avatar
    Battle Record
    41-9
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Palamoon learns music theory? FALL BACK!

Eh.. This is an alright beat fam, I like what you tried to do with it - but something jus twasn't clicking for me in this one, maybe it was because the lead melody scale was so basic, idk... But the piano alternations were dope though, it was alright man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Thanks famo.

Battle Record
    3-2

The sounds dont sound powerful enough if you feel me? Nothing is really striking... the concept is nice though but again - with some of your beats most things blend together which is a bad thing. Well t is for me atleast.
    The beat is quite powerful as a concept but the drumline, bassline and the synth strings could bring out the beat a lot just by being harder not i the mix but as sounds themselves. Tell me if you want me to explain anything.... but i did quite like this man, youre moving forward.

Please return feed on my Pac remix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

I'll get that Pac... Man, my sounds are always not solid ya know. Mind naming a few vsti's that would give me that powerful sound?

Battle Record
    3-2

It depends what sort of instruments youre looking for. Id say these are the best for these sounds in my workstation... I use plenty more though:
    -absynth, predator and blue are al nice for pads, predator also had nice synths.
    -novation bass station is dope for bass... i also often set out some bass arps on predator.
    -native instrument's FM8 and Pro53 are easy to start using your own settings to obtain the sound you want... Their synths are quite basic in a sense - which often means less bullshit around the synth and I think that adds power.

Eastwest stuff is nice for "real" sounds. I use that for my orchestral instruments as well as refills for Reason of a lot of workstations like the Roland Fantom and the Korg Triton.

See what works best with you. Getting a new vst always influences me to make a nice sound with it which normally leads to a good beat.

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Thanks man.

Battle Record
    5-3

Palamoon, have you upgraded your computer yet?
    if so... you need to start getting VST's that are worth a shit my friend. Alot of your sounds are iffy. The piano in this is ehh... and so is the bass. It needs to be played at a deeper octave. Your on the right track though... your bass isnt out of key with the rest of your sounds.

I think you have problems matcing your kits with the feel your looking for too... cuz the snare in this just doesnt mesh with the overall feel your going for.

also you need to work on your sequencing, and the way you direct your tracks. You have to leave room for the performer on your track... In some spots you have way too much going on.

and honestly i think you need better drum kits just as bad as you need better VST instruments.
    Predator is good, but Predator is iffy, alot of sounds in it are corny... and the leads suck.
    you need to get Trilogy for bass. Period.
    and you need to get kontakt 3, or Vir2 VI One, for a all in one package of "real sounds"....

Or, you can just DL all the Spectrasonics stuff, Native Instruments Komplete 5, and Miroslav Philharmonik, and call it a day.
    Welcome to reality.

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

^For sure man. I totally cleaned out my system today. Caught a virus and did that recovery shit. From now on, I'ma only keep fresh... hot vsti's, know what I'm saying. Naw, my comp isn't upgraded yet.

Could you help me tho... I'm confused when you say I should leave room for the performer on my tracks. Mind explaining that?

Battle Record
    3-2

40% processor power does me on my 9.6GHz quad. This is with around 20 vsts in a project. The most Ive used is like 800MB ram. so a dual with 4 or 5GHz and 1-2GB or ram would definetly serve its purpose. You could buy a computer with that and a good motherboard, 500gb HDD for about $400 Im sure.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

I thought this was pretty cool beat. It missing some sort of heavy kick in there. Liking the piano and depth and heavyness of the whole thing.

Can I ask what software/hardware you used in making this?

Battle Record
    3-2

I think hes using fl studio and no hardware

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

^I'm using the meko....

SIKE! FL Studio 7 XXL

Battle Record
    1-2

yo your shit is all on key and stuff, but at this point you needa start trying to make your shit sound like it was made by a dude who knows his shit instead of some kid with fl studio installed

get some drumkits from the internet and start usin better drum samples cuz your drum samples aint hittin at all, and yeah like kris said get some VSTs, its good you been studyin music theory though

its a long road, but we all gotta do this shit to get good
    HOTTEST BEATS EVER AT LINKS BELOW!
    soundclick.com/dtproductions
    myspace.com/dennistproductions

NEWEST BEAT ON SOUNDCLICK: "HUSTLERS ANTHEM"
    [SOUNDCLICK]6686112[/SOUNDCLICK]