User Tag List

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24
Showing results 346 to 359 of 359

Thread: Week 10 Chat/Predictions

Battle Record
    27-12

Re: Week 10 Chat/Predictions

ok...how do you assess that probability?

because at one time in history, the probability of a flying metal machine seemed improbable, electricity would of been laughed at, so your idea of what is probable is impossible to assess

its not like a poker game where the numbers are absolute and conceivably understood

"Ready? go! sat where the old cardboard city folk
    swap tales with heads like every other penny throw"

Soule

I believe God isn't a 'he' or 'she'. But an 'it'. A light, a voice, a sense, or a motive. A belief, and an ideal. Something for humanity to hold onto. Something for us to go to when we need some encouragement. Something to help us when we're ready for death. Something to keep us afloat in a life under water. Something that gives us motivation to wake up. Not a father, not a person. But an influence to continue.

No i think it's more obvious than that personally, I think God is a 'him' because throughout evolution especially on a psychological level our species would only respond to dominance. If God were a 'she' none of our species would have abided by any of 'her' commandments. But in other religions there are 'she' Gods, although they are more the furtile & life bearing type, again, akin to the social dynamics of human evolution.

Battle Record
    27-12

Quote Originally Posted by Dex'Labb View Post
    No i think it's more obvious than that personally, I think God is a 'him' because throughout evolution especially on a psychological level our species would only respond to dominance. If God were a 'she' none of our species would have abided by any of 'her' commandments. But in other religions there are 'she' Gods, although they are more the furtile & life bearing type, again, akin to the social dynamics of human evolution.
    possible, but i think it more likely an oversimplification due to the lack of our ability to conceive what truly exists

"Ready? go! sat where the old cardboard city folk
    swap tales with heads like every other penny throw"

I kinda understand where you're coming from, but you're more tinkering with the idea of existence in general & how everything came to be, than the simpler topic of a 'God.' But on the topic of existence, how matter was ever created is beyond me, I've thought about that shit for hours before..scientists wanna bounce quantum mechanics around, black holes, astrophysics, 'big bangs' now changed to the 'big bounces,' all that...the reality is...it's probably beyond our comprehension

Soule

Eww science is gross.

literally fck ur own face Wise Ways's Avatar
    Battle Record
    34-4
    Awards 25+ Wins

such a homo thing to say, tbh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WhatThatLookLike..?!

Soule

In your opinion.

So Fresh and So Clean FreshADiddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dex'Labb View Post
    Of course 'God' is real, 'God' is a human born emotion - a manifestation of the human inability to accept death. 'God' is just a darkened corner in the depths of the mind where an answer can always be found without reason..In my opinion, of course.
    this.

but i stopped after that...cause blaaaaaah@the contemplation of creationism and existentialism.

everybody have a good day?

[YOUTUBE]2oVgq-QrwRM[/YOUTUBE]

This shit got intellectual for a rap forum huh? Lmao,
    dumb it down riiiiight

[YOUTUBE]9cozAXGbYnQ[/YOUTUBE]

i'm not anti-intellectual...on any level...flex ur minds fellas!

i'm just stuffed with thai food...and i just put the turducken into cook...shit takes like 12 hours...so i didnt realize i'd have to wake up and baste it once every hour until about 15 mins ago and it make me insta-grumpy, lol...

aaaaannnnd, thats bout it.

ahhh, I didn't see the Fab vid cause I was on my phone...lololololololol. witty. lol.

I have to admit though I love that song ahaha

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    ok...how do you assess that probability?

because at one time in history, the probability of a flying metal machine seemed improbable, electricity would of been laughed at, so your idea of what is probable is impossible to assess
    its not like a poker game where the numbers are absolute and conceivably understood
    I thought I made it clear that I was referring to the theistic god, specifically the judeo-christian god. We can assess his probability by his "infallible"books, but I won't get into that.

BTW, you just defeated your own argument as an agnostic. Who's to say we'll NEVER be able to prove if there is a great supernatural force in the same sense as the flying metal bird.

I will concede that the deistic god is much harder to assess the probability of.

Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I believe God isn't a 'he' or 'she'. But an 'it'. A light, a voice, a sense, or a motive. A belief, and an ideal. Something for humanity to hold onto. Something for us to go to when we need some encouragement. Something to help us when we're ready for death. Something to keep us afloat in a life under water. Something that gives us motivation to wake up. Not a father, not a person. But an influence to continue.
    And this influence is worthy of your admiration? I think that is the bigger question.

Seems to me you have the pantheist view; the belief that the universe is the god.

You'd probably like Einstein's view on god.
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.