User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: i think i found what im getting

i think i found what im getting

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...85736000000000

looks like the shit to me and sence im on a laptop the fact that the monitors plug into the interface will be a fucking life saver...

let me no if this is a good deal...i got no clue about the mic ive never heard anything about it...but i figure it will be a good place to start and then i can upgrade later

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: i think i found what im getting

that's a good deal... the gear ain't great, the best piece is the interface, then the monitors... the mic is sufficient for a starter mic, though I'm not a fan of MXL entry-level gear... if you could sub it out for the AT2020 instead it'd be better, or even a CAD GXL2400 or AKG Perception 120... but as is, that setup will suit you fine... the monitors sound fairly flat, kinda thin, but they're pretty accurate... much better than PC speakers or headphones for mixin'...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yeah i figure after a few months of playing with it ill get an at2020 cuz they arent expensive...and id like to upgrade to the fast track pro or the mobilepre pretty soon...but sence i dont have a mic stand or monitors or chords or anything other then a usb mic at this point i think this will be the best place to start and then work my way forwarded...ima get this shit jan1...xmas shopping got me broke this month...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...76804000000000

you think this would be worth the extra 70 bucks??? its the same mic and i think the same audio interface...but better speekers from what ive heard

Battle Record
    3-2

the monitors are a little better, if you have the extra $70 then sure... but they won't be that much better... I'd lean more toward usin' any extra money to possibly swap out that mic, if they'll allow it...

Mhmm.

i'd go with the 2nd option personally.. a tad better equipment =)

i think im going to get the cheaper one only becuase the pre amp that comes with the protools doesnt have phantom power...it actualy says that in the discription...and altho i have the extra money to get the more expensive one i dont have enough to buy a whole new interface... tho i think im going to use the extra money i would of spent on the extra package and get an at2020 cuz its only 70 and id like to have both mics...i figure the more mics i have the better...

there both great for starting out.

really stick with it until you have the cash to upgrade the interface, thats where you will see your greatest improvement in quality then worry about the mic afterwards.

BRITISH EMCEE
    Battle Record
    1-1

definatley try and sub the mic for the Audio technica AT2020, because in all honesty those Mics are terrible for what they are, but the rest of the gear is decent.
    [YOUTUBE]PwEay96U2dQ[/YOUTUBE]

Dude tbh, I had an MXL mic to start with, and they aren't THAT bad. IMO, I think you would get better results over the 2020. Call me crazy, but I used that thing for 4 years and it was SO damn Essey. I would go with that package, and once you get used to recording and mixing, swap out the mic later. Just check out reviews on the Mic. And I'm pretty sure that other interface has phantom power. Don't even think they make them WITHOUT it. That would be pretty dumb IMO. So many cables and hook ups would have to be ran!