Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Attn: SS Participants

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF

Re: Attn: SS Participants

I still think the league is a reflection of the sites topical scene. Which is sporadic at best.

AI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    8-9
    Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

If participation is the key to stability let's gut the format as it stands....we have the content already because this is not possible without content....develop two tiers, the heavyweights who are the poeple who are dedicated to the week by week format then you have the lightweight which are pieces by the permission of the writer that are dropped in OM to compete for a weekly title. A person who is interested in the heavyweight can do so as they adhere to the guidelines set but someone in the lightweight division doesn't have to deal with the voting and such because it will involve the SS mod or mods and the OM mods or the HOF judges who is the winner, this will also put a bigger shine for OM HOF because these pieces would be a on going thing while still promoting the league not to be as competition scary. This also taps into the writing that is done in OM because I know right now if this format was in effect that you add about 4-8 new people. It's just an idea that looking into the reason people are not joining or showing. Taylor make the league for the people and not the people taylor make themselves to the league.

You will always have no shows, no voting, just things of a league online. use sponsorship (if there is one) to donate prizes. I will donate something just to get this moving. Maybe for the old heads still here have a Masters division. This league is different that the others because it deals in a style that is not the mainstream of what you would expect from a site called "rap battles" so with that being said we have to be as open as this style is......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best Topical Writer: 143

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF

Quote Originally Posted by 143 View Post
    If participation is the key to stability let's gut the format as it stands....we have the content already because this is not possible without content....develop two tiers, the heavyweights who are the poeple who are dedicated to the week by week format then you have the lightweight which are pieces by the permission of the writer that are dropped in OM to compete for a weekly title. A person who is interested in the heavyweight can do so as they adhere to the guidelines set but someone in the lightweight division doesn't have to deal with the voting and such because it will involve the SS mod or mods and the OM mods or the HOF judges who is the winner, this will also put a bigger shine for OM HOF because these pieces would be a on going thing while still promoting the league not to be as competition scary. This also taps into the writing that is done in OM because I know right now if this format was in effect that you add about 4-8 new people. It's just an idea that looking into the reason people are not joining or showing. Taylor make the league for the people and not the people taylor make themselves to the league.

You will always have no shows, no voting, just things of a league online. use sponsorship (if there is one) to donate prizes. I will donate something just to get this moving. Maybe for the old heads still here have a Masters division. This league is different that the others because it deals in a style that is not the mainstream of what you would expect from a site called "rap battles" so with that being said we have to be as open as this style is......
    I cannot advocate any idea that brings OM HOF judges to SS.

AI

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Quote Originally Posted by zonez View Post
    There were two battles. And what's wrong with Witty as a mod?
    I knew there were 2 but I said 1 because I was unsure of who was in the 2nd.

Also, Witty is fine. I am talking about the activity & support of the league being a problem.

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Iscariot View Post
    Yeah but what's a mag covering 2 battles? People can blame the mod all they want. But you can't make a grown man sit down and type up a verse and then post it on time. Are other sites having the problem in their topical league?
    Believe it or not...I didn't know sites like this existed before November of last year.
    I wrote my first topical verse in December of last year.
    Modded my first league in January.
    Modded my first two leagues shortly after.

In that short time span...I saw what you just said.
    I stated everything you said to GOW & ILLunatic.
    Month after month I would tell them & everyone that questioned my ability to mod that I can't be accountable for grown men & women posting 30+ line verses. I can't/couldn't make people vote on battles they don't feel like reading.

And you know what else bro?
    I can't enforce punishment on them when the activity is never high.

I once did a vote on whether votes should be deducted from people that didn't vote enough.
    The poll revealed that competitors said there was no point in being in a league where their wasn't any competition.

If a mod deducts points from people, battles will be posted for no reason. The people will deductions will be deterred from posting. The people facing people with deductions will lose their drive to win.
    Long story short, nobody wins.

I was stuck. I came to the conclusion that the league is like a nation. And it thrives off of the people within it. And without the people, it is nothing.

Battle Record
    8-9

@Truth Iscariot it doesn't matter who are the judges it's tapping that resource of OM for marketing this league and gaining some participants. And from what I understand, don't hof judges make there decisions like voting in ss?

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF

It's vastly different

AI

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

I'm not 100% on what's talked about here because I only snooped the end bit lol...BUT, I want to say three things.

1)The reason I piked out of SS is because to be honest, I don't know if I can drop a long piece on a weekly basis.

2)If the problem is voting, or lack of votes, I guess it's better to have votes than not have votes. So, ...why not...are you ready
    for it?....lol...have...multiple choice? LOL
    Yeah I know that sucks as an option but wouldn't it be better people clicking little boxes with the selection criteria outlined?
    Then if they want they can add a comment, if they can pull their finger out of their ass that is.

3) I think you mods have it hard and do a great job : )

(I feel embarrassed posting this, but stuff it, you guys don't know who I am anyway lol)

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF

Who is that Emily girl?

AI

Battle Record
    8-9

How so, it's not like there are votes and explanations are involved for the lightweight division which would be the only division their vote would effect.

You've Earned a Custom Title! zonez's Avatar

I think 143 has a good idea with the divisions. Its become a chore writing to topics that are fixed and doing so on a weekly basis but really you have 4 sometimes less days to do so. This is suppose to be fun and not burdensome. It would be nice if each week the participants had a choice of either a). being matched up against someone with a similar record, b). writing a free topic piece to be judged/voted a large weekly HOF, or c).taking the week off which would neither help nor hurt their record. Consistency is key but you have got to give people a choice otherwise they will feel like there is too much pressure to perform and will not get involved in the first place like Emily stated. Also might be a good idea to make a poll asking what changes (if any) would draw more people in to the league.

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards OM WOTM SS HOF SS HW Champion OM HOF 25+ Wins

I totally disagree about the topic point being made... as a writer you get to go anywhere you want with it, its just a starting point, not a literal direction you have to go... plus, why play safe all the time with 'easy' topics, wheres the challenge it that? wheres the testing yourself? getting out your comfort zone elevates your writing in the end
    [youtube]99ns8n2S40g[/youtube]

Battle Record
    8-9

Dev has a point but there is one problem is that the whole part is a competition and although taking a harder topic may grow you personally it doesn't matter in battle because you are not writing for yourself, you are writing to impress voters so you may flourish with an easy topic than struggle with a harder topic. Now the whole thing about using drops from OM was to take some of that pressure off of writing so there is a way they can compete but without the rules and regulations we are accustomed to. So the Heavyweight division would be the league as it is now, not a lot of comp but the format is there for those who want an intense battle. Lightweight is there who want to see there drop compete and it's judged by those who would judge it as hof...their league would be on a point system and not require the norm like check in and voting penalties etc... but what this does is create a middle ground for those who want to battle in the heavyweight division but are too scared because of the structure and or topics but want to feel that sense of competing for a title....like fantasy football....

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards OM WOTM SS HOF SS HW Champion OM HOF 25+ Wins

that all makes sense, but I reckon the real problem lies in trends have changed, for the most anyway

but we'll see
    [youtube]99ns8n2S40g[/youtube]

Battle Record
    11-5

Anyone who wants to compete for next week, please sign in in the refresh/confirmation thread. Thank you.

Social Media: