User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Forced Hand

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

Forced Hand

Forced Hand

Planted in hardened gardens
    Starved for seed, surrounded by harvest
    Sprouted the hardest
    Choked by weeds, fertile genes
    Genetically modified
    Pure as breeds, purist needs
    Surrogate mother, covered by sunlight
    official if done right
    Dug slight, distant soil
    Resistant for you
    True form of spewed norm
    Instant warn fruit
    perfection by hands perfected
    Man’s collection, creator
    Creating created plans
    Rejected, illegitimate
    Sorry mother nature
    Its deliberate
    Just consider the inconsiderate
    And finish it

Battle Record
    1-3
    Awards PC HOF Haiku Season Champion

Re: Forced Hand

This would be great as a spoken word piece. On paper it's a little too concentrated on rhyme schemes, with not enough attention to form. But spoken word this would kick ass. Maybe there should be an audio poetry section?

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

lol an audio poetry section would be dope, but it would have to be within the realm of this section.

anyway, as soul said, i think you focused to heavily on rhyming and kind of strayed away from the path i was expecting. it didnt take away the enjoyment, i just think you could have relaxed on the rhyming and let the words just flow out. either way, it was cool, and i enjoyed reading it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

Word good looks on the feed. I appreciate the honesty.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

KnowP, you've got some amazing wording happening here, but like the others; I felt the rhymes were full on,
    which.....I adore....in OM. lol. Sorry. We have this thing where we expect OM to be hell bent on rhyme and pc to be a little more involved in the depth of the msg and typically, we don't rhyme that much in this neck of the woods. Got your passport btw? It needs to be stamped : )
    That's not to say your msg wasn't deep. It was extremely deep, but it kind of got lost a bit in the rhymes and patterns and flow and swirls and twirls of intense melody.
    In all reality, as much as the battlers here hate being called poets, everything we write at rb is poetry.
    Everything can actually go under one umbrella. It's just that since we've got these dedicated sections of OM and PC 'we, the people here', have put a bit of a difference on the pieces dropped.
    And yeah, Soul_Purpose was right in saying this would kick ass as a spoken word piece. You've got a piece that's wonderfully worded and clever in its manoeuvres and word play,
    especially that stunning outro, that was divine. Probably my favourite of the week.
    You put thought into this and it shows, but somewhere along the line, because of the strong melodic flow of hell bent rhymes, we lose a bit of something else.
    My advice to you would be to keep the melodies in you since your rhymes are obvious and clear,
    but don't stack them as much. Take some away. Lessen the grip on the composition and don't 'force that hand' to be like it is in most sections of rb.
    Pc is the only section where less is more. If you know what I mean. And I don't mean quantity.
    I'm sure you know what I mean. Thank you for dropping this in pc. I hope we see you dropping something new here again soon KnowP.
    It was a pleasure reading this.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Emily; May 27th, 2016 at 07:08 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-3
    Awards PC HOF PS Season champ

Hey, Em! Traditional poetry rhymed, don't you forget that! Shakespeare would be OM for sure these days, he'd probably waltz up in the OM section and show motherfuckers how it's done with his incredible wording. Lol, just messing around.

Ahem. Anyway. So I'm getting this pretty cool metaphor, I feel like this is about growing up in a tough area. Planted in a hardened garden. That's just how it reads to me, I might be wrong. The imagery and wording gets me here, the 'choked' by weeds section, 'rejected, illegitimate'. Bastard? Just a rambling thought there, but I also get the idea of feeling rejected by growing up in such a situation. A forced hand does bad things because it has to to survive. The plant/seed apologizes to mother nature because it had to do what it had to to survive. Spoken, this is dope KnowP. Poetry can rhyme without doubt, as poetry was rhyme first. But, this did have your OM flair. Maybe a little too much of it because it was missing the structure of traditional poetic rhyme that would feel like poetry. I read this out loud, and it almost felt Saul Williams-Esque. At least that's how I felt when I read it. I'd like to see what you do when you dip into some more traditional poetic elements and mechanics. Nevertheless, this was vibrant and plenty loaded with metaphoric language. Good shit, man.
    “Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.”

Battle Record
    277-128

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not one for technical formalities. Just writing from the heart. Glad y'all liked it and was able to grasp earth. I'll kick some feedback soon.