Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: Season 17: Ideas from You....

Battle Record
    8-9
    Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

Re: Season 17: Ideas from You....

@OG Maestro

What you are talking about is a matter of convenience. You would take more time texting someone than checking in. Also I plays to RESPONSIBILITY. You are saying I will be here to take you on. In the light of the site it shows activeness, not a deep representation but when you see battles checked in you see people participating whether you drop or not. But check ins has been in this site since I've been on this site. This is the problem because people don't want to put effort to do something and it should be automatic as such. It never makes sense to make the penalty less that DQ because in the scope of things, you signed up and it's has always been expected of you to check in and show up. It also make the excuse of that I didn't know when the post or when to vote dead. It acknowledge that you are aware of timeframes and rules. But the real issue is no shows. Great writers do what they have to do to be great. But in the instance of this league, I will be recombining battles because battles mean more now since people are no showing and I don't want their effort to be for not and checking in is a big part of the process to create some type of activity.
    Last edited by 143; January 2nd, 2017 at 12:02 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best Topical Writer: 143

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Does somebody hear a dead horse getting beat?

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ILLunatic View Post
    Does somebody hear a dead horse getting beat?
    Shut the fuck up, you're not saying anything productive here you're just being a damn child.

- - - Updated - - -

ILLunatic in here talkin that bullshit, but 143 still need to send him the info to update people site records with all SS battles from 2014-now. what a admin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 143 View Post
    @OG Maestro

What you are talking about is a matter of convenience. You would take more time texting someone than checking in. Also I plays to RESPONSIBILITY. You are saying I will be here to take you on. In the light of the site it shows activeness, not a deep representation but when you see battles checked in you see people participating whether you drop or not. But check ins has been in this site since I've been on this site. This is the problem because people don't want to put effort to do something and it should be automatic as such. It never makes sense to make the penalty less that DQ because in the scope of things, you signed up and it's has always been expected of you to check in and show up. It also make the excuse of that I didn't know when the post or when to vote dead. It acknowledge that you are aware of timeframes and rules. But the real issue is no shows. Great writers do what they have to do to be great. But in the instance of this league, I will be recombining battles because battles mean more now since people are no showing and I don't want their effort to be for not and checking in is a big part of the process to create some type of activity.
    No shows are not relevant to this discussion when it's about check-ins, but I agree with you that that's the real issue. But here's an issue: when someone that would have posted by the deadline didn't check-in due to their life being busy and gets DQ'ed. You are trying to be old-school but this isn't 2008 or 2011, you need to be more convenient for the new times and adapt.

And recombining battles creates more Losers than Winners, 143. In a normal league, it's a week-to-week basis with Contenders and Champ. Recombining doesn't work in that respect. That's my whole point. That's my idea for what would be good for the league.
    You say you don't want people to write verses for no reason but they'll get a NS win, and that's a win no matter how it's achieved.

Recombining battles destroys the structure of leagues and tournaments.
    Look at what happened to the last season's playoffs. Yes, the no shows were terrible but the recombining made it worse.
    Recombining battles in a tournament would deconstruct the natural progression of a tournament bracket.
    Recombining battles in the regular season of a league would create more losers than winners. Let's say you had a 8 person league: 2 in champ, 2 in contenders, 4 in regular battles. If the 2 regular battles were no shows and you recombined them into 1 regular battle, when 1 person wins...who the fuck is he going to battle for Contenders? The loser? AGAIN? That makes 0 sense.

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Don't like recombining battles from failure to check in, then check in; simple fix.

Add & Follow

·

Battle Record
    8-9
    Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

To me recombining is the only medicine for no shows. For this stage of the league it is needed to place seeding for the next stage of the league. I will never have someone who lost their champ or contenders match get a chance to come back the next week for another shot. I would give a shot to the best loser of that week who wasn't in the match to compete for the contenders. People do go off of records but I have this 3 week rule about rematching battles. But again it all has to do with activity because no shows make it hard to not end up with the same battle because they may be the most active in the league then how do you not reward them for being active vs taking someone who no shows all the time and put them in the contenders match.

As in the case of last season, everyone no showed except two people. What if those two weren't in the same battle? then you would have essentially have a dead week. How does that fair for competition and one the expectation that everyone will show up. The check in is about communication. Now in the sense of life playing a part, there has never been an issue if I have a pm that tells me that you missed the check in date but you still intend to post. I have received some pm like that and that person wasn't dq but the thing is if life does happen, how am I or any mod is supposed to know that you are going to drop in the timeframe given without you notifying us in any way. I never have been one to hold issues like that against people but it has to clearly be communicated to me so that I can make adjustments. Even if you check in and you tell me that you have some things that need to be handled, I will work with you to get that verse in because the league need posts to be attractive for others to come and compete.

So here is what I will propose as to the no check in, if you don't check in you lose a vote and if you don't contact me or post in the chat that you still intend to post you will be dq'ed and if you do state that you will post but you don't you will be dq'ed for that week and lose a vote for the next week. If you miss check in do to life issues but communicate that you will post you will not earn any penalty. If it becomes an issue for multiple weeks then you will be signed out. Don't want to have issues with people taking advantage of this.

YOU HAVE TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE LEAGUE TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR INTENTIONS ARE CLEAR AND THAT'S WHAT MAKE THE LEAGUE EITHER BE SUCCESSFUL OR A WASTE OF TIME....
    Last edited by 143; January 3rd, 2017 at 12:40 PM

Best Topical Writer: 143