Thread: Pipe Dreams - KB & 2hot_219

Battle Record
    0-1

Pipe Dreams - KB & 2hot_219

Pipe Dreams by KB & 2hot_219

Verse 1: 2hot
    Verse 2: KB

Feed:
    Walk Thru – Self Savior $$ http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...ru-Self-Savior
    Celph Taut – Takeover Freeverse http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...over-Freeverse

Thoughts?

Appreciate it.
    K.B.
    Kevin Berglund
    Valparaiso, IN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Will Return all Feed.

Re: Pipe Dreams - KB & 2hot_219

Yea mayne I rock with this one shit fire you got the flame!! I like your verse more than 2hot.

I could just leave it at that cause overall it's good, but I will go into more detail:

The structure of the chorus is weird what is that 12 bars instead of 8? I don't know why you repeated the first 4 of the hook after the hook should have ended was it how the beat was structured, and you didn't want to change it? For lyrical people, we will like the hook, but I think it is too long and too lyrical and not catchy enough. What I mean is that it should be repetitive enough that the listener can learn it and be singing it along with you by the end of the song. Since it is saying so much stuff, I can't remember most of it. All I remember is We Got The Flame which sounds fire and something about loco loco! It's a banger, but with the hook like this I don't think it is catchy enough to become a mainstream hit.

This the way my mind works when I analyze a song, cuz I don't do this just for fun.
    P.H.P. Muzik

Battle Record
    0-1

I appreciate the honest feedback.

Your assumption was correct. The beat was structured with a 12 bar hook. It's definitely risky going with a wordier chorus if your attempting to really push something out... and that's something I grew more and more conscious of after playing back the finished track. It's kind of an artistic choice you have to make, and I decided to let my gut guide me on this one as I wrote the hook. I'm glad a phrase or two stuck though lol. I'll have to shout out the producer for that one. He made that "got the flame" portion memorable.

Figuring out that balance is the tasks I guess great artists are good at. A catchy, intelligent hook. I'm going to work on that one.

Thanks for the feed, Plat. Some good suggestions there.

I'll keep an eye out for more from you.
    K.B.
    Kevin Berglund
    Valparaiso, IN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Will Return all Feed.

Battle Record
    0-1

K.B.
    Kevin Berglund
    Valparaiso, IN

Will Return all Feed.

Battle Record
    0-1

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...nk-MUSIC-VIDEO
    dude... i'll take 2 or 3 responses. I've been droppin feed on all new tracks.

All I'm looking for is someone to just give it a real listen and provide me some thoughtful feed.

Thanks
    K.B.
    Kevin Berglund
    Valparaiso, IN

Will Return all Feed.

Feelings this!! The beat pretty dope too.. Both you riding it nice, i like the hook.

Verse 1 dude is nice but i feel he should relax a bit and deliver with more style, sounds like he trying to get the bars out quick, and thats me being picky.
    The way the beat switches is dope as hell.
    Verse 2 , sounds more relaxed on the beat, you both sound real dope together on a beat.

This is fire, chorus is catchy , you killed it