User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Wk 15 MV 6-8 Vs Robocop 6-7 - MV wins

Battle Record
    59-22
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted. 50+ Wins

Wk 15 MV 6-8 Vs Robocop 6-7 - MV wins

Punches due Thursday
    Voting ends on Sunday

You know the rules, if not, refer to the rule thread.

@RoboCop @MV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    59-22
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted. 50+ Wins

Re: Wk 15 MV 6-8 Vs Robocop 6-7

left beyond recognition in a liquid condition so when viewing the victim
    ^you can tell it was all a build-up for the Plot to thicken
    .................................................. .......into a mass that looks like I'm brewing penicillin
    Last edited by MV; December 1st, 2022 at 08:05 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    8-7
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

Re: Wk 15 MV 6-8 Vs Robocop 6-7

No one fears this toy, or will care when MVs destroyed
    But his real life fam will all be crying their eyes out..
    Tears of joy.
    Plottin your demise.

Battle Record
    31-1

Re: Wk 15 MV 6-8 Vs Robocop 6-7 - Open For Votes

MV- Interesting concept with more of your classic swagger type text. I unfortunately am not a huge fan of your style as I think it hurts the punch a lot when you word it this way. That being said, I see the concept and I don't hate it, but this was a pretty bad miss as far as a punch for a text battle goes.

Robo- This concept has been done 100 times but in ways much more complex than this. This was just pure statement and there was no twist that made it good. It's almost like you simply told him his family doesn't care about him and that was it. Just way too simple and it's a hard miss here.

I'm sure both of you gentlemen have done much better than this, and being brutally honest, I did not enjoy either bar, but MV is gonna get it here for a better attempt and more creativity. I kinda like the swagger he brings even if it doesn't end in a super crazy hard hitting punch.

Vote: MV da KiD

I got MV taking this one. I liked the liquid/plot thickens concept. Robos bar was a little underwhelming because I’ve seen him drop nicer stuff, just felt like there wasn’t a major impact in this bar. V/MV

Battle Record
    1-0

V.Robo,simple punch; nothing special but enough to take it.

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

Both had simple redirects but mv is wayyy over worded. Rococo was more direct

v/robocop

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

MV went flex and perhaps did way too much with unnecessary emphasis on flow, and the ending threw me off because I never heard of brewing penicillin. Like, is that shit brewed, really? Like distilled penicillin? I struggled with myself over this, and that's not how you want the very end of your punch to hit. Robocop had a window to total this fag but it just didn't play out. I like the tears of joy theme, but thought it could have been flipped in a more creative manner and a bit harsher.

vote mv

Battle Record
    4-3
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

Christ, mvs bar was wordy and later out horrendously, the bar was okay with the plot thickens tie up but fuck me it read bad. I want to vote against him so much for asthetics alone however robo came very simple, statementish and I love a turn of phrase flip but this wasn’t done with any attempt to be creative.
    V/mv

HOF
    Battle Record
    19-6
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL HOF

MVs bar is terrible .. there were so many bad setup multis this week lol

Robos was kindve funny in a misdirection bar from 2004 kindve way

Robo wins
    "Sound stuff out guys" - Barcotic

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

4-3 MV let’s get a few more

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

Not crazy about either bar.

MV this one is just over done. The idea is decent, build up t/ plot to thicken/ brewing, but the multis hurt your wording. To do something like that u need to rhyme like 3 or 4 syllables and keep extra wording to a minimum.

Robo, wording isn't bad at all but there's just not enough to this for me. Very straightforward for a misdirection, I want to vote against MVs wording, but I think the more creative attempt is winning me over.

Close battle but vote MV

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

MV wins 5-3