Thread: my top 3 most influential emcees

my top 3 most influential emcees

1 Eminem
    2 Tupac
    3 Nas
    Last edited by Ragian; September 16th, 2023 at 09:22 PM

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted

Re: my top 3 most influential emcees

great thread faggot

thanks for stopping by

don’t bother next time

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wanna battle buh buh battle battle and ..... i dont forget fagg... nah jp .

I don't understand what people say stumble guys

any emcee that chokes like cannibus did against dizaster should not be no where near top 3 emcees, he couldn't even deliver his writtens when he forgot his lyrics.

Actually thinking of changing Canibus to Em and Krs one to Tupac.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds better?
    Last edited by Ragian; August 1st, 2023 at 06:39 PM

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by 3viction View Post
    any emcee that chokes like cannibus did against dizaster should not be no where near top 3 emcees, he couldn't even deliver his writtens when he forgot his lyrics.
    A single choke against Dizaster doesn't erase what Canibus has done in the last 30 years. If that's the case then Biggie and Tupac are out too because those idiots got murdered. And forget about Nas, he has profited from using ghostwriters his entire career.

RANK #18
    Battle Record
    92-22
    Awards 75+ Wins

Gucci Mane

Roscoe Dash

Kreayshawn

Honorable Mention: Lil B

#BaseBoyz

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia View Post
    A single choke against Dizaster doesn't erase what Canibus has done in the last 30 years. If that's the case then Biggie and Tupac are out too because those idiots got murdered. And forget about Nas, he has profited from using ghostwriters his entire career.
    the traditional fan lost respect for him though that's for sure, he hasn't really done much in his career except run his mouth and get slaughtered when people respond to him, one of the most overated emcees IMO.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by 3viction View Post
    the traditional fan lost respect for him though that's for sure, he hasn't really done much in his career except run his mouth and get slaughtered when people respond to him, one of the most overated emcees IMO.
    Canibus totally bodied LL Cool J, at a time when LL was at the height of his career. He has a discography with so much material, and he's pretty much the same guy he always was, with so many records and features that it's ridiculous to say he just runs his mouth. Dizaster has no music whatsoever. He struggled against a way over his prime Cassidy, and only does live battling without music. If you listen to his track with Canibus, "Battle Buddies 4 Life" you can hear just uncomfortable he is using a beat.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Canibus totally bodied LL Cool J, at a time when LL was at the height of his career. He has a discography with so much material, and he's pretty much the same guy he always was, with so many records and features that it's ridiculous to say he just runs his mouth. Dizaster has no music whatsoever. He struggled against a way over his prime Cassidy, and only does live battling without music. If you listen to his track with Canibus, "Battle Buddies 4 Life" you can hear just uncomfortable he is using a beat.

This is exactly it. Don't look at a moment in time, look at their overall body of work and their history.

100% agree with this, too. Second Round Knockout is one of the greatest diss tracks ever recorded. Canibus will always be remembered, whereas we can't say the same about Dizaster - as MUCH as I respect his earlier battles. Canibus was completely over the hill when he battled Diz, and he clearly didn't give two shits about the battle - again, not taking anything away from Dizaster's rounds.

Imagine having a 1/1 million shot of taking out a fucking living legend, risking your entire career for the opportunity, and nailing it, beautifully. That's Canibus. Yeah, he pissed off a lot of people, but you can't deny his body of work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    32-6

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Taut View Post
    This is exactly it. Don't look at a moment in time, look at their overall body of work and their history.

100% agree with this, too. Second Round Knockout is one of the greatest diss tracks ever recorded. Canibus will always be remembered, whereas we can't say the same about Dizaster - as MUCH as I respect his earlier battles. Canibus was completely over the hill when he battled Diz, and he clearly didn't give two shits about the battle - again, not taking anything away from Dizaster's rounds.

Imagine having a 1/1 million shot of taking out a fucking living legend, risking your entire career for the opportunity, and nailing it, beautifully. That's Canibus. Yeah, he pissed off a lot of people, but you can't deny his body of work.
    One thing I remember vividly was back in 95-97. Canibus' rise in popularity at the time coincided with the very beginnings of AOL. At that time it was easy to see how influential he was because the internet had just started getting super popular, and it was also when text appeared. Hip-Hop message boards were inundated with text battlers and rappers and ironically they were mostly Canibus-inspired writers. I remember being on a message board with Apathy The Alien Tongue, I don't know if it was Tha Landz, Davey D's, Lyricists Domain, or Sethro's, but you can tell Apathy was inspired by Canibus. Just listen to his demo. Apathy's demo was what the entire internet was like at the time, and it was a writing style inspired by Canibus. I believe to this day that Canibus is the grandfather of text and audios.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

One thing I remember vividly was back in 95-97. Canibus' rise in popularity at the time coincided with the very beginnings of AOL. At that time it was easy to see how influential he was because the internet had just started getting super popular, and it was also when text appeared. Hip-Hop message boards were inundated with text battlers and rappers and ironically they were mostly Canibus-inspired writers. I remember being on a message board with Apathy The Alien Tongue, I don't know if it was Tha Landz, Davey D's, Lyricists Domain, or Sethro's, but you can tell Apathy was inspired by Canibus. Just listen to his demo. Apathy's demo was what the entire internet was like at the time, and it was a writing style inspired by Canibus. I believe to this day that Canibus is the grandfather of text and audios.
    Dude, my fucking first board name on here was "Cannabarz-K.O.R" - you nailed it on the head.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

RANK #18
    Battle Record
    92-22
    Awards 75+ Wins

Y’all talking bout the dude who said this?

Well, lemme tell you somethin', you might got more cash than me

But you ain't got the skills to eat a niggas ass like me

Battle Record
    32-6

Quote Originally Posted by YG View Post
    Y’all talking bout the dude who said this?
    Yeah, it sounds questionable now but so does alot of different things from 30 years ago. Like around that time colloquially speaking it would have been interpreted as ass = whole body. Another phrase that folks used back then that would be suspect now for example would be "get all up in that ass." LOL. That doesn't make te diss track any less iconic to me.

What I loved about that battle was how LL Cool J did some lowkey disrespectful shit to Canibus, and instead of just taking subliminal shots, Canibus made a diss track that went mainstream at a time when LL Cool J was super over with his R&B/Hip-Hop style. LL's response diss didn't get anywhere near the coverage and love that Canibus' did. So it was like Canibus crossed over mainstream and LL crossed over underground.