User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: ****Topical Writers Read****

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

****Topical Writers Read****

There is not enough active writers to host a league for sure, but i'd be willing to at least throw together a weekly or bi-weekly writing challenge in the OM if there is enough interest. It will take a min. of 4 writers to pull off . . . so if anyone's interested, check in here and i will give you details if we can pull enough people together

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    0-1

Re: ****Topical Writers Read****

down for this

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted

Down

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if a league went down I would be innit if there is enough memberrs, if you don't see me on here just hme up on discord.

Battle Record
    3-1

Quote Originally Posted by 3viction View Post
    if a league went down I would be innit if there is enough memberrs, if you don't see me on here just hme up on discord.
    im not proposing a league. its more of a weekly or bi-weekly topical / writing challenge im proposing.

Battle Record
    3-1

So basically, I propose . . . . War Of Wordz

War Of Wordz will be a bi-weekly challenge that will be posted in the OM.

I will make a post with a topic to be written to. It could be a song, image, gif, movie poster etc.

You will write a 16 bar / 32 line verse to the topic.

After the deadline is reached, each person will anonymously vote on which verse they liked for that week in numerical order and PM them to me.

You can vote even if you are not participating in the challenge. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VOTE FOR YOURSELF

Example:
    Baron
    spectre
    eviction
    nohbody

I will tally up each vote and the person who gets the most votes for that week wins the challenge. And yes, ties will be possible in these challenges.

After each week, i can do a small mag overviewing each verse and highlighting the winning verse along with interviews and other goodies.

I know its not a topical league, but, its something small that can move efficiently that should at least feed a bit of the old topical appetite in the meantime.

So far we got Spectre, Baron, eviction, and me. . . i will keep this open until Friday and the first challenge will go up either that night or Saturday

Would you guys rather it be weekly or bi-weekly to give people more time to write?

I'm actually going to do a tournament soon to build the discord back up with a cash prize and a championship belt that only you will have, working on a system that integrates well with discord.

Battle Record
    3-1

I'm actually going to do a tournament soon to build the discord back up with a cash prize and a championship belt that only you will have, working on a system that integrates well with discord.
    sounds dope, i think the tournament could co-exist with the weekly challenge. . . looking forward to it.

this challenge is just my hail mary attempt at getting traction back into the open mic section

Battle Record
    3-1

honestly just want to get SOMETHING popping. . .

im so fucking bored at work these days i actually registered an account on netcees lmao .... havent posted anything, but still . . . fucking net cees

Battle Record
    0-1

im good either way on the deadline... fyi u can also post this on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/raplyrics/) and see if you can bring a few new people over to this site

don't know if it will have anything to do with RB haha, will be a lot of the same members tho jus trying to train everyone to get away from forums and on to a new platform type thing, discord won't be the platform but it's where it's going to start and you can use both platforms whatever I make.

Battle Record
    3-1

don't know if it will have anything to do with RB haha, will be a lot of the same members tho jus trying to train everyone to get away from forums and on to a new platform type thing, discord won't be the platform but it's where it's going to start and you can use both platforms whatever I make.

shoot me a link if you already have the discord set up

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted

Make it weekly.

People need a reason to write it seems, bi-weekly gives it too much down time in between IMO.

I’ll be around though.

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

Battle Record
    3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Mynd View Post
    Make it weekly.

People need a reason to write it seems, bi-weekly gives it too much down time in between IMO.

I’ll be around though.
    word

if you spam people with mass pm, announcements, and force them to read the sign in thread at least once, it should get people to sign up.