Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: opey, kris i need some help

resistance is futile.

opey, kris i need some help

okay

so me and my friends decided to try to record something just for a tryout on my computer, which has a Realtek AC97 soundcard. I borrowed my friends mic which is worth about 40$, and it aint a condensor.

well, my soundcard has 3 plugins at the back and i noticed 2 in the front. One line in, line out and mic in. so i put my mic in mic in plug, but my soundcard reported this problem to me : The audio input is not activated, please check your input configuration. The same message comes when i start adobe audition... But the funny thing is, ive also got my radio plugged in my computer, and if i plug the mic too it reports that problem but if you talk into the mic you can still hear yourself on the radio... So im guessing its something wrong with the setup in my audition ( didnt use it before ) or with my soundcard drivers ( ive got like 4 or 5 of them... ). Ive also got Sonar 5 but its the same problem.

please help if you can, thanks

oh and no sarcastic comments im saving money to buy good equipment just dont have enough yet...

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    the problem is... you need to plug it into the back. the front mix input isn't active. or activate the front mic input...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    2-0
    That should solve your problem. ^
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

Judging by his thread, he knows the that he has to activate it, but doesn't know how.

In adobe audition...in the multi-track screen...

Options > Windows Recording Mixer

Make sure the mic input is either selected or unmuted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(You should all check this out)

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by The 13th Apostle
    Judging by his thread, he knows the that he has to activate it, but doesn't know how.

In adobe audition...in the multi-track screen...

Options > Windows Recording Mixer

Make sure the mic input is either selected or unmuted.

Iam... and myself are both aware of that... but... he can just use... what..? that's right the active input... but whatever.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Either way, it would still be nice for him to know that info for future reference, namean.

(You should all check this out)

resistance is futile.
    the only problem is i didnt plug it in the front, i plugged in in the back, and that message appears, same infront

resistance is futile.
    its like this now :

front connectors dont even sense my mic...

anyways, when i plug my mic into the back, my soundcard senses a device and it needs to start twice to recognize that its a mic, cuz first it gave me a message it aint connected properly, but now its ok. Im 100% sure i put it in the right connector so that aint the problem.

so... you guys didnt understand, my mic input in AA is selected and isnt mute, i know where that is, my problem starts when i launch AA. i get that message that i cant record before the program even loads. so i tried to record now, but it said i have an audio windows sound driver selected, so i tried to change it to another one, so i went to audio hardware setup and i chose my NVIDIA ASIO driver but then i get the message i already wrote in my first post. well, i saw an output/input ports thingy where i have output ports but i have no input ports selected and i cant chose any because there aint any. and my default input port is NONE and i cant even change that. so it must be something with the drivers. i got like 5 different drivers for this soundcard, but only nvidia asio shows up here so i cant select another one.

thats my problem...

i can give u screenshots if this confuses you, just give me a web where i can upload them.
    Last edited by mindstyle.; July 25th, 2006 at 01:39 PM