Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Improving one's flow (applicable to all)

dissing avatar overrated Average Man's Avatar

Improving one's flow (applicable to all)

Hi all, I've been rapping for about a year now, and like most new rappers I'm struggling with my flow. However, I am not blindly asking for advice about 'generally improving flow.' I see a lot of new posters ask this question, and the answer is always the same: practice. What often gets left out is exactly what to practice.

So, beginners and vets alike, what do you do to improve your flow? When do you know your flow is 'right?'

I: practice rapping my own stuff and work audio constantly, freestyle, do breathing exercises, and I rap along with songs to learn new flows and styles.

Any advice is appreciated.
    If you're serious about music and you wanna work then holla at me. I'm here to improve my rhymes.

Battle Record
    18-13

Re: Improving one's flow (applicable to all)

listen to the damn drum pattern. Learn why music is music and you can create a unique flow of your own. Rhyming has a lot to do with it as well, using internals keeps you on the snare hits better imo. As long as you focus on making your syllables match up your flow will be fine.
    The Legion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HoF x5

Battle Record
    1-1

^^^^^ true ... and try to not chop off ur verse in the middle... be sure to breathe in appropriate spots not .. say 2 words..breathe and continue...

dissing avatar overrated Average Man's Avatar

Aight, thanks for the responses. I definitely agree that once I started listening to the drum pattern my flow improved exponentially.

I highly recommend that aspiring rappers learn how to speak correctly. You should be able to rap/sing/talk for indefinite periods of time with ZERO strain, which sounds absolutely crazy, but hey, breathing and speaking well is hard.
    If you're serious about music and you wanna work then holla at me. I'm here to improve my rhymes.

You've Earned a Custom Title! KiiD ExClusiivE's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2

Well when just writing a verse feel and flow it. and get your rhyme scheme in your head. I usually just freestyle unless I take the time to memorize my rap then I have to put it to the beat. but if you freestyle it than it wouldnt be a problem
    "You think You nice on a microphone? but get a vest cus da only mic you gettin on is attached to your chest"-KiiD

You've Earned a Custom Title! KiiD ExClusiivE's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Average Man View Post
    Aight, thanks for the responses. I definitely agree that once I started listening to the drum pattern my flow improved exponentially.

I highly recommend that aspiring rappers learn how to speak correctly. You should be able to rap/sing/talk for indefinite periods of time with ZERO strain, which sounds absolutely crazy, but hey, breathing and speaking well is hard.
    Can you sing? and Rap?? if so "thumbs up" I can
    "You think You nice on a microphone? but get a vest cus da only mic you gettin on is attached to your chest"-KiiD

Battle Record
    45-8
    Awards Legendary Audio ABL Champion BOTW AOTM AOTW Legendary Member - Award Request Accepted

To improve your work you have to work on controlling your syllable count when you're writing. To execute your flow you need to learn how to control your breathing which is why it's called breath control.
    Where the fuck was I fore they found me?
    Floatn in a meadow, dragonflies all around me
    Seeded in a ghetto, smokin cigarellos
    Stress oceans try to drown me
    Walking on water like when Christ did, glidin
    Mic in my plam like the trident in the hand of Poseidon

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    3-2

I agree with Masahiko thats why rappers that are producers generally have the best flow. aside from lil jon of course haha