User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Murda Mook Interview

Murda Mook Interview

Check out this interview with Murda Mook

The battle rap scene is one area of the hip hop culture that has been overlooked for some time, with many people feeling like battle rappers can not make good music. There have been many battle rappers to shine over the past decade, such as Jin, The Saurus, and Iron Solomon. However there is one ace in the hole from Harlem that is arguably the top dog in the scene right now. Murda Mook made a name for himself on the scene with his constant wit and punchlines. Recently he signed with Ruff Ryders, pushing the battles to the side, to possibly show once and for all that battle rappers are not to be slept on when it comes to music.

I recently had the opportunity to ask Mook some questions, so read on to see what’s good with Mook right now.

So Mook, you made a name for yourself tearing cats up on the battle tip, and now you’ve dropped some hot mixtapes. What is your focus right now, and have you left the battle scene for good?

Well I wouldn’t say I completely left the battle scene but I’m just on a leave. As u may or may not know I just signed to Ruff Ryders so now its not about battling. Everyone knows I’m the best at that. Now I have to show my record making abilities are just as good as my battling. But if the right amount of money came about there is no reason I wouldn’t do another battle.

How do you feel about this new breed of battle rappers that are out, such as Arsenal and Tech 9?

There are a select few I really like. But its hard for me to respect the rest because they don’t seem original. When I look at them I see an imitation of me to an extent. I like the ones that come with their own style. But overall I love watching good battles.

You was at the Math Hoffa vs T-Rex battle, what were your thoughts on that particular battle?

I thought Rex won 2 to 1. Though math won the last round. But overall it was a great battle. What made it even better was the anticipation behind it. They really sold that battle. Rex is an animal though! Every time I hear him I look in awe. I don’t think people understand what he says in his rhymes.

What would you say was your best battle?

The Best battle was Loaded Lux hands down. The best battle in history! Say what u want.

Read here

Re: Murda Mook Interview

who?...

i mean like, who the fuck wanna read an interview with this nigga? lmmfao
    iBeast