Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: WK 12: Professor Frost(8-3) vs. Day-Day(4-2) *Open for Votes*

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

WK 12: Professor Frost(8-3) vs. Day-Day(4-2) *Open for Votes*

http://imageshack.com/a/img513/6682/ye6d.png
    @Professor Frost @Day-day

Pick 1 Topic from the list & create a verse from it
    Topic list is here,
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...Week-12-Topics

Check ins due on Thursday by 11:59PM
    Verses are due on Saturday by 11:59PM
    Voting ends on Monday by 11:59PM
    New matches are set up on Tuesday's Morning(Before Noon)
    (All times run on Pacific Time)

Please be conscience of the full list of rules
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...642/index.html
    3 Votes are required this week. Every missing vote results in a -1 vote for your next SS League battle.
    Champ & Contender matches are mandatory from now on. Failure in voting for just 1 of these matches results in -2 votes for your next SS League battle.

P.S: Recognition will be given to VOTW

Goodluck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Re: WK 12: Professor Frost(8-3) vs. Day-Day(4-2)

This battle is reopened to decide who joins CLA919 in the Contenders battle.

Deadline is April 24th, Thursday @ 11:59PM PST. @Day-day

Same topics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    91-46

This is my check in. Going to go 40, maybe.

Battle Record
    91-46

Fuck my fucking life. I forgot this existed. 24 minutes to keystyle.

Prelude

Sickening tests check all of our chests
    Ends of discussion happen when we lose less of our vests
    But what ever happen to peace for children of new
    We're supposed to work on a future that's neat and start building the view
    Instead we're killing, we shoot. There's always a villain with proof
    I hate this dealing we do, and it sucks that the ghettos are concealing the move
    When the government passed off the hard drugs to community and created a war
    "War on Drugs" they called it but it was never a mission with heart related with pure
    They set this shit up from the beginning, these niggas wanted some more
    Invested in the prisons across America, why do you go take a fun tour
    You'll find many along the way instead of rehabilitation for the released
    And every laid off man in inform is full of the same debilitation that scorns the police
    They wanna see you fail, so run back in time
    Paradigms don't exist when you invert the moment when you track the nine

Backwards
    - by Professor Frost

The bullet surgically backed out of the wound, the smoke cleared the air
    The chamber was like a cracked tomb, and it awoke mirrors of despair
    His body lifted from the ground as if a guardian angel had eased him up
    The wind sailed in the opposition direction as the breeze left dust
    He back peddled a sprint and ended up at square one, right on block
    Talking mad shit how his lone sharks were gonna have to bite on glock
    He had fight in the flocks, but the birds left forever to call in the coop
    But, when the rounds fired off, the lead left feathers all over the hoop
    No more basketballs to shoot, no more more late excuse
    No more lazy niggas in the hood when your morals lay obtuse
    I could spray a truce, but there's no play or ruse
    For this day of choose when you are slain and used
    There's no time to speak clear with politics, cause death may lack words
    I just wish we could go to the beginning, can't time move backwards?

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards OM WOTM SS HOF SS HW Champion OM HOF 25+ Wins

Re: WK 12: Professor Frost(8-3) vs. Day-Day(4-2) *Open for Votes*

no hate but... wasn't really feeling either drop here,

not going into any great detail cos I never do lol... there is only one thing needing to be said n that's who won, so... in my eyes frost gets it, not by any great margin, in fact the main factor was the use of forced rhymes by day-day, its an all out 'no on' in my marking... even though I thought overall the scheme was more developed, well what scheme there was anyways, way to short...

not the strongest battle here though... but... yea...

v/frost
    [youtube]99ns8n2S40g[/youtube]

Banned
    Battle Record
    0-1

@Dayday the picture was amazing in which you chose to write about, and your words moved me literally into wanting to become a nicer person - but at the same time irritates my compassion. It's amazing when emotion gets into YOU when YOU write, but when you have the ability to touch others too, now that's amazing. GREAT JOB

@Professor Frost Your diversity of style always makes you a strong contender in any competition - RISKY - but that's what makes it so awesome, considering your constraints. The fact that you were able to compliment DayDays like everything is going to be ok... is even stronger!!!! You balanced each other perfectly and quite honestly it comes down to "who came first the chicken" or the egg.

my vote goes to Frost for risk and constraints unless Day Day did something he wasn't used to too. GREAT TEAMWORK though, and I just have that vibe that Frost is the one attributable to that.

Battle Record
    8-9
    Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

Double D

This reminds me of an Em song where the ills of life plays out like a warning. I love the personal feel to it, no gimmicks here just raw emotions and intentions. technical aspects of this was just barely there but like I said this is clearly an emo piece. References and sims really brought out the imagery especially that Satan's Knight line...interesting representation...overall not your best but far far from your worse.

PF

The intro verse into the verse was a good idea but fell flat. It really didn't set the proceeding verse up right. Had it been more descriptive to what was actually happening like a set up or narration, it would had killed. The second verse was also a good attempt that fell kind of short of its mark. The reversal of time aspect is the uniqueness that I like to see and wish that you had expanded to include some background as well as what is going on in the moment. Technicals was all there. They hit their mark. For a keystyle, it's better that most keystyles if seen but wish you put a little processing into it because you had a killer idea.

V. Day Day for having the more complete and fuller verse....

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF

Day-day you had good flow but the story you told is old and played out, could've done so much more with that picture. Really thought that besides how smooth this read there wasn't tons of upside. One positive was your ending that last line was golden.

Frost, your flow was choppy but the content was ill imo, really liked the profro version of Nas - Rewind and it's something i haven't seen gobs of writers try and attack on this site, so good work on dropping fresh. the last verse flowed much better than the first that shit was choppy as hell and had some misspellings and grammitical errors.

Neither was perfect but i will vote PROFRO for the fresher drop with less played content over D2D's great flow and commonly told story.

AI

Battle Record
    91-46

On a vote of 3-2, Frost Wins

Closed.