User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5
Showing results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: October/Halloween horror movie watch list

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion 25+ Wins PC HOF OM HOF

Re: October/Halloween horror movie watch list

I'll be honest. Maybe it's because I'm only 31 or maybe I'm just not a fan... but the new alien movie is the only one in thoroughly enjoy lol. Don't care for predator either but liked Predators and Prey.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wuxia
    You're a really talented writer. And I've only ever said that to Baron Mynd.

you telling me you never felt a tingle in your trousers when you watched Ellen Ripley roll up on the Queen with a fucking power loader talkin bout “Get away from her you BITCH

first Predator & Prey are my favorites as far as the horror aspect but Predators is a highlight cuz it’s like an action/adventure/sci fi mash up kinda like The Mummy w/ Brendan Fraser. plus you can’t go wrong with Laurence Fishburne. Predator 2 is iconic cuz that “Want some candy?” scene has been living rent free in my head ever since childhood lol. something about a hyper intelligent super lethal non terrestrial creature w/ cloaking abilities ominously mimicking an innocent human gesture before completely eviscerating someone is still a top tier genre moment for all time lol.

Battle Record
    34-10

Yeah, no lol. Just feels outdated to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted.

I liked the first three Alien movies, haven’t seen any beyond that. My theory is that the early ones feel outdated now because they introduced (innovated or at least popularised) a lot of genre tropes which have since been copied to the extent that they feel tired.

For example, the scene where they’re looking for the alien and it’s ramping up the tension as they go to open the cupboard, but then get jumpscared by a cat leaping out. Seeing that for the first time now I’d roll my eyes, but at the time that technique was way more fresh and effective.

I think a lot of classics tend to be victims of their own success in that way.

i can’t believe he said Ripley being badass doesn’t make his dong dance. i don’t know what to believe anymore.

what’s he going to say next, that he wouldn’t let Sarah Connor pump his 12 gauge until he terminates his load all over the skynet?

i shudder at the answer.

Battle Record
    34-10

No. No I wouldn't lol.

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

nah, first and second Alien/s was lightyears ahead of its time and genre defining. I would go so far as to say, there has not been an actual SCARY alien horror movie since Alien and Aliens.

The only Alien movie I hate in the Alien franchise was AVP Requiem, but mostly because they completely ruined the film by making everything so dark you cant even make out what you are looking at.

I also think Predators 2010 version was highly underrated. The first Predator is a masterclass as well.

I also realize I grew up in a different era then most of you, so I actually saw how genre defining these movies were when they came out.

Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Aliens were definitely the big 3 movies that started my early love for horror movies.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    3-1

Terrifier 3 was awesome. I still think Allie's death in Terrifier 2 is the most brutal kill in the series so far, Terrifier 3 certainly pushes the limits on realism when it comes to the kills. Again, I wont say much, but there is one scene where I think if you showed it to someone who didn't know, it would have passed as a real murder on film. Has all the gore, craziness, and disgusting you can ask for. Not a lot of story going on here, they touch a little bit on what Art actually is without killing any of the mystery about his character. Movie is a good time for people like me who loves crazy gory practical effects. I loved seeing Tom Savini in the movie too because him and Damien Leone is probably my favorite practical effects people in the business today

Battle Record
    34-10

I'll probably see it this upcoming week. The first is probably my favorite still tbh. I liked that it was more realistic and didn't have any of the supernatural stuff. Not to take anything away from the second because it's good too but it felt like a whole different movie.

Battle Record
    3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I'll probably see it this upcoming week. The first is probably my favorite still tbh. I liked that it was more realistic and didn't have any of the supernatural stuff. Not to take anything away from the second because it's good too but it felt like a whole different movie.
    The supernatural elements started before the actual Terrifier series with The 9th Circle and even All Hallows Eve to an extent.

I really do like the low budget grind housey feel of the first one though. It is a different type of movie from the other 2 in the actual Terrifier series.

Battle Record
    34-10

I think I've seen All Hallows Eve once. Never seen the other one. I've seen Terrifier more times than I can count and I've seen the second probably five times. I'm pretty split between the hang woman scene in the first one and the bedroom dismemberment in the second so far.

Battle Record
    3-1

I think I've seen All Hallows Eve once. Never seen the other one. I've seen Terrifier more times than I can count and I've seen the second probably five times. I'm pretty split between the hang woman scene in the first one and the bedroom dismemberment in the second so far.
    the hang woman scene was kind of ruined for me because I saw Bone Tomahawk before Terrifier and it had almost an identical scene, but arguably, a little more brutal

No. No I wouldn't lol.
    this world truly is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohbody View Post

Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Aliens were definitely the big 3 movies that started my early love for horror movies.
    damn bro no mention of the OG Halloween?? still best musical score in all of horror. Phantasm is another one with a dope score.